John Brannen Twilight Tattoo
JOHN BRANNEN may not be a household name in this country, but his new album is well worth seeking out. Much of North Carolina-based Brannen s music has a Bruce Springsteen feeling to it, but his vocal delivery often recalls Roy Orbison, while some of the
JOHN BRANNEN may not be a household name in this country, but his new album is well worth seeking out.
Much of North Carolina-based Brannen's music has a Bruce Springsteen feeling to it, but his vocal delivery often recalls Roy Orbison, while some of the guitar playing in his songs is in the Mark Knopfler vein.
If all that sounds like a strange combination, it may be - but it works! All 12 songs on the new album were written, or co-written, by Brannen, and continue the impressive standard set on his previous CD The Good Thief.
The music will probably be called Americana, a label often used these days for artists working on the borders of country music. But Brannen can rock when he wants to, and his lyrics are intelligent and thoughtful.
You may also want to watch:
One to watch.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge