James Blunt - All the Lost Souls
FOLLOWING up an album that sold 11 million copies worldwide was always going to be a tall order for James Blunt. The former Army captain has spent the last three years trying to come up with songs to match the popularity of Goodbye My Lover or the ubiquit
FOLLOWING up an album that sold 11 million copies worldwide was always going to be a tall order for James Blunt.
The former Army captain has spent the last three years trying to come up with songs to match the popularity of Goodbye My Lover or the ubiquitous You're Beautiful. The result, new album All the Lost Souls, is a record made in America but, Blunt says, inspired by Mediterranean island Ibiza.
There's certainly a chilled out vibe to All the Lost Souls. Annie, Same Mistake, and 1973 are inoffensive without being particularly memorable. One of the Brightest Stars and Give me Some Love offer more upbeat moments, particularly the latter, with its rousing chorus of "I'll take everything."
Blunt's trademark vocal quality shines through as ever, but All the Lost Souls seems to lack the sparkle of its illustrious predecessor.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes