Pictures of showcase day flying display at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Gerry Weatherhead
Classic warbirds took to the skies above IMW Duxford for a special showcase day flying display.
Spectators at the historic Cambridgeshire museum and airfield were able to see iconic aircraft such as Spitfires, Hurricane and Mustangs in action during an afternoon air show on Tuesday.
Aircraft designed by Hatfield’s famous de Havilland Company were also among those flying, including the DH.89 Dragon Rapide.
If you missed Tuesday’s event, an additional showcase day will be taking place on Wednesday, August 19 in conjunction with Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome in Essex.
Aircraft will take to the skies over IWM Duxford and Stow Maries in a dual afternoon display starting at approximately 2pm at both sites.
You may also want to watch:
Crowds will be delighted with an afternoon of flying entertainment over both historic airfields, featuring iconic aircraft such as the ‘Thank U NHS’ Spitfire.
The scheduled IWM Duxford flying line-up also includes a Supermarine Spitfire, Mustangs, Havard and Dragon Rapide.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
Tickets cost £23 adults and £11.50 children.
To book tickets visit www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford