Pictures of showcase day flying display at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Gerry Weatherhead
Classic warbirds took to the skies above IMW Duxford for a special showcase day flying display.
Spectators at the historic Cambridgeshire museum and airfield were able to see iconic aircraft such as Spitfires, Hurricane and Mustangs in action during an afternoon air show on Tuesday.
Aircraft designed by Hatfield’s famous de Havilland Company were also among those flying, including the DH.89 Dragon Rapide.
If you missed Tuesday’s event, an additional showcase day will be taking place on Wednesday, August 19 in conjunction with Stow Maries Great War Aerodrome in Essex.
Aircraft will take to the skies over IWM Duxford and Stow Maries in a dual afternoon display starting at approximately 2pm at both sites.
You may also want to watch:
Crowds will be delighted with an afternoon of flying entertainment over both historic airfields, featuring iconic aircraft such as the ‘Thank U NHS’ Spitfire.
The scheduled IWM Duxford flying line-up also includes a Supermarine Spitfire, Mustangs, Havard and Dragon Rapide.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Tickets cost £23 adults and £11.50 children.
To book tickets visit www.iwm.org.uk/visits/iwm-duxford