Take part in the Duxford Dash run at historic airfield
- Credit: IWM
Beat your personal best at the new IWM Duxford Dash airfield run.
With gyms and pools closed during lockdown, many of us will have turned to running in order to keep fit.
You are now invited to put your personal best to the test at the inaugural Duxford Dash on Sunday, September 13.
This new chip-timed 5k and 10k run is perfect for all abilities and will take place within the former RAF base in Cambridgeshire.
Participants can race past world-famous aircraft, take in a century of aviation history with every kilometre, and conquer the runway that first saw the Supermarine Spitfires fly in service.
You may also want to watch:
The Duxford Dash takes place on the site where men, women and aircraft fought in the Battle of Britain 80 years ago.
Mark this special anniversary year with this race, and tread the same ground as Britain’s pilots during the Second World War.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
Tickets include all day access to IWM Duxford and a unique finisher’s medal.
Participant family and friends can also enjoy discounted museum entry, so you can have your very own squadron there to cheer you on.
The 10k is due to start at 9.30am and the 5k at 10.30am.
For full details and to book tickets, visit the website at www.iwm.org.uk/events/duxford-dash-5k-and-10k