It’s a laughing matter
The Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) will be staging a comedy in Royston – just in time for Christmas. The group will be performing The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen s Guild Dramatic Society s Production of A Christmas Carol on December
The Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) will be staging a comedy in Royston - just in time for Christmas.
The group will be performing The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of A Christmas Carol on December 1/2.
Written by David McGillivray and Walter Zerlin jnr and directed by Kathy Wholley, the production promises to be full of laughs.
The comedy is a series of plays based around four women from the Townswomen's Guild.
You may also want to watch:
The women, who all have contrasting personalities, try to stage well-known plays in their own style, but act very badly.
CADS member Emma Daintrey said: "The skill they have to adopt is to act badly well.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
"It is very funny and anything that can happen does, so there are unexpected twists.
"People can expect an evening of laughter. If they don't go away with their jaws aching or their sides splitting we will be disappointed."
CADS usually stages an annual pantomime every January, but will miss a year this time.
Mrs Daintrey said: "Pantomimes involve a lot of hard work and take up a lot of someone's time, so the people who usually direct are taking a break this year."
The Society will stage Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in 2008.
Performances for this year's comedy will take place at Greneway School on December 1 at 7.30pm and December 2 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
Tickets are £5 each and go on sale on October 30. They are available by calling Emma Daintrey on 01763 242906.