It’s a laughing matter
The Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) will be staging a comedy in Royston – just in time for Christmas. The group will be performing The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen s Guild Dramatic Society s Production of A Christmas Carol on December
The Corvus Amateur Dramatic Society (CADS) will be staging a comedy in Royston - just in time for Christmas.
The group will be performing The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of A Christmas Carol on December 1/2.
Written by David McGillivray and Walter Zerlin jnr and directed by Kathy Wholley, the production promises to be full of laughs.
The comedy is a series of plays based around four women from the Townswomen's Guild.
The women, who all have contrasting personalities, try to stage well-known plays in their own style, but act very badly.
CADS member Emma Daintrey said: "The skill they have to adopt is to act badly well.
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 3 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
"It is very funny and anything that can happen does, so there are unexpected twists.
"People can expect an evening of laughter. If they don't go away with their jaws aching or their sides splitting we will be disappointed."
CADS usually stages an annual pantomime every January, but will miss a year this time.
Mrs Daintrey said: "Pantomimes involve a lot of hard work and take up a lot of someone's time, so the people who usually direct are taking a break this year."
The Society will stage Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs in 2008.
Performances for this year's comedy will take place at Greneway School on December 1 at 7.30pm and December 2 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm.
Tickets are £5 each and go on sale on October 30. They are available by calling Emma Daintrey on 01763 242906.