In a word CAiMBO aim for the top!
A YOUNG rock band from Cambridge have made the journey home fresh from recording their debut album. CAiMBO played the Junction last week with rave reviews and are set to rock the Cambridge Barfly on Tuesday. The four-piece, aged between 19-20, formed in 2
A YOUNG rock band from Cambridge have made the journey home fresh from recording their debut album.
CAiMBO played the Junction last week with rave reviews and are set to rock the Cambridge Barfly on Tuesday.
The four-piece, aged between 19-20, formed in 2001 while at the same school in Cambridge.
The band is made up of Leo Robarts on vocals and guitar, Piers Mortimer on guitar while Ali Sloane is on bass and Dave Cullen on drums.
You may also want to watch:
CAiMBO's influences include The Strokes, Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, U2, and The Police.
Leo said: "There's a feeling of oldness and newness in our music.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
"It's all about energy and vibe."
Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire was the venue for the recording of the album, due for release next year, where the band say they didn't see the outside world for a month.
The album, Electric Dreams, was co-produced by Ben Mason, who has worked with the Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight, and The Kooks.
Electric Dreams was chosen as the name for the bands first album because says Piers, "It sums up the energy of our music".
And, what about the band name?
It's a made-up word with no obvious meaning and is quite simply Leo's slang for the city of Cambridge.
CAiMBO will be performing at the Cambridge Barfly on Tuesday November 27 from 6.30-10pm.
Tickets cost £5 on the door.