In a word CAiMBO aim for the top!
A YOUNG rock band from Cambridge have made the journey home fresh from recording their debut album. CAiMBO played the Junction last week with rave reviews and are set to rock the Cambridge Barfly on Tuesday. The four-piece, aged between 19-20, formed in 2
A YOUNG rock band from Cambridge have made the journey home fresh from recording their debut album.
CAiMBO played the Junction last week with rave reviews and are set to rock the Cambridge Barfly on Tuesday.
The four-piece, aged between 19-20, formed in 2001 while at the same school in Cambridge.
The band is made up of Leo Robarts on vocals and guitar, Piers Mortimer on guitar while Ali Sloane is on bass and Dave Cullen on drums.
CAiMBO's influences include The Strokes, Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, U2, and The Police.
Leo said: "There's a feeling of oldness and newness in our music.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
"It's all about energy and vibe."
Chapel Studios in Lincolnshire was the venue for the recording of the album, due for release next year, where the band say they didn't see the outside world for a month.
The album, Electric Dreams, was co-produced by Ben Mason, who has worked with the Arctic Monkeys, Razorlight, and The Kooks.
Electric Dreams was chosen as the name for the bands first album because says Piers, "It sums up the energy of our music".
And, what about the band name?
It's a made-up word with no obvious meaning and is quite simply Leo's slang for the city of Cambridge.
CAiMBO will be performing at the Cambridge Barfly on Tuesday November 27 from 6.30-10pm.
Tickets cost £5 on the door.