Watch as Cambridgeshire Music students unveil online orchestra performance of Hawaii Five-0 theme tune.
- Credit: Archant
A special performance of a classic TV theme tune by 50 musicians from Cambridgeshire Music – including a former student in Los Angeles – has been unveiled online.
The music hub, based in Huntingdon, had more than 60 video and audio recordings submitted for the project during lock-down.
The first performance was a specially arranged version of the theme to 80s cult show Hawaii Five-0.
Instruments ranged from saxophones and flutes to cellos and drum kits – as well as some interesting items from the kitchen cupboard.
Cambridgeshire Music’s Mark Aldous, who arranged the piece, said: “Our first online orchestra was a bit of an experiment and a means to keep our musicians engaged with their music making in these strange times.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a joy to receive so many contributions and a real privilege to piece all of the bits together and to bring all of these musicians from different backgrounds and abilities together in the same space – albeit a virtual space.
“We’re delighted with the energy and enthusiasm that the participants have brought to the project and can’t wait to get cracking on the next one.”
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
To watch the video, go to: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQvQaZ4r8zs&feature=youtu.be.