Hook gets revenge
CAPTAIN Hook will be coming to Buntingford next month and he s looking for trouble. The Buntingford Dramatic Society will be presenting its production of the pantomime Captain Hook s Revenge by Richard Coleman. The rib-tickling variation of the original
CAPTAIN Hook will be coming to Buntingford next month and he's looking for trouble.
The Buntingford Dramatic Society will be presenting its production of the pantomime Captain Hook's Revenge by Richard Coleman.
The rib-tickling variation of the original Peter Pan classic will be directed by Mel Powell and will include battling pirates and red Indians, a hungry crocodile, and Tonkerbell the Punk Fairy.
Producer Mary Powell said: "This is a humerous panto that the whole family can enjoy. There's jokes for the young and for the old. There will be lots of audience participation and they will get plenty of opportunities to boo Captain Hook and cheer Peter Pan."
Playing the lead roles will be David Hill as the vengeful Hook and Gill Stzrelecki as the youthful Pan.
Mary added: "Everybody involved is looking forward to the opening night and everything is going well. It promises to be a great production."
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- Captain Hook's Revenge will run for eight performances at Benson Hall in Buntingford. The first show will be on Saturday, February 3 and ends on Saturday, February 17.
Tickets are on sale at Global Travel, High Street, Buntingford, and cost £7.50 (adults) and £5 (children).
For more details contact Mary Powell on 01763 272555 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org