Hip hop and away
Toes will be tapping and venues jumping to the beat as a dynamic dance act hits the stage at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage. Hip Hop Pop will continue their UK Battle Tour on Tuesday evening as a crew of nine young professional dancers put on an ener
Toes will be tapping and venues jumping to the beat as a dynamic dance act hits the stage at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage.
Hip Hop Pop will continue their UK Battle Tour on Tuesday evening as a crew of nine young professional dancers put on an energetic and thrilling show.
The dancers will be strutting their stuff to the music of artists such as Justin Timberlake, Missy Elliot, and Eminem.
Audiences around the country have been entralled by this lively production which is centred around a battle between two of the dancers, out to prove whose crew has all the best moves.
You may also want to watch:
Founder of Hip Hop Pop Jenny Bater said: "There will be a lot of comedy and some slick dancing. One of the lead girls, Timmy, keeps the audience's attention. She is very funny.
"The idea for the battle came from a production that we did in Harlow where there was a big community cast."
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
Jenny, who has been dancing since the age of five, left her dance school at 18 to form the dance company which brings together experienced dancers and welcomes talented beginners.
She said: "There wasn't anything up-to- date for the youth in the area so I decided to train in hip hop dance so that I could bring it back and teach it."
The family show, which will be on tour until summer 2009, will be loved by children and parents says Jenny.
"It is educational as well as entertaining. The youngsters will love it and there is lots for the adults too."
A workshop will be held before the performance where youngsters can try out their dance moves.
The show starts on Tuesday May 29, at 6pm.
Tickets are £10 including workshop, £8 show only. Call 08700 131030 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk