Head Wimpole way at Whitsun for a memorable family outing
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of this year’s Cambridgeshire County Show are putting the finishing touches to a packed programme of events for their end of the month offering.
The show will be held on Sunday, May 31, at Wimpole Home Farm near Royston, with the gates opening at 10am and a busy day of outdoor events continuing until 5pm.
The show, now in its 16th year, has evolved from a traditional annual Young Farmers Rally to become one of the most successful one day agricultural events in the county.
It’s organised by a small volunteer committee including past and present members of the Cambridgeshire Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs whose aim is to create a traditional country event which promotes British food and farming, provides visitors with an insight into countryside crafts and creates an arena for Young Farmers to demonstrate their skills in a variety of competitions and activities.
Throughout the day, there are main ring displays including the return of the Welsh Axemen.
You may also want to watch:
There are livestock competitions including rare breeds categories, a wide variety of trade stands and a craft marquee as well as a food hall showcasing local produce.
Parking is free, admission for adults is £9 with senior citizens and children paying £5.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
There’s a family ticket for two adults and two children on offer for £25 – visit www.cambscountyshow.co.uk to find out more.