Guitar man is in town
One of the UK s most prominent musical arrivals of 2007 will be striking a chord with fans at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Saturday. Newton Faulkner was last seen in the city at the Cambridge Folk Festival, but now he is back for his own show, already
One of the UK's most prominent musical arrivals of 2007 will be striking a chord with fans at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Saturday.
Newton Faulkner was last seen in the city at the Cambridge Folk Festival, but now he is back for his own show, already a sellout.
The 22-year-old singer-songwriter and his phenomenal dreadlocks will be wowing the audience with sounds from his acoustic guitar that will amaze.
Faulkner, who lives just outside London, was one of the most buzzed-about DIY artists of 2006.
You may also want to watch:
His first release, last spring's Full Fat EP, reached number one on Amazon's singles chart with no promotion and funded by no money.
His second release, UFO EP, came out at the end of last year and was closely followed by his first proper single I Need Something, which sat in the UK top ten for three weeks.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Faulkner's debut album Hand Built By Robots, with its fantastic vocals and beautifully dextrous guitar lines, spent two weeks at number one followed by a further four weeks in the top five.
As a teenager Faulkner taught himself to play the guitar, and progressed so quickly that by the age of 16 he had secured a place at the prestigious Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford.
Now Cambridge has the chance to hear his stunning songs and astonishing virtuoso guitar technique.
Newton Faulkner will be at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on February 23 at 7.30pm.
For more information contact the box office on 01223 357851.