Going strong 40 years on!
BARCLAY James Harvest have been around in one form or another for nearly 40 years. For the reason, look no further than the durability of their music, full of imagination and – just as important – melody. BJH were one of the first bands to go on the road
BARCLAY James Harvest have been around in one form or another for nearly 40 years.
For the reason, look no further than the durability of their music, full of imagination and - just as important - melody.
BJH were one of the first bands to go on the road with an orchestra - and were probably the only rock group with their own orchestra!
Excellent musicianship was always their trademark, before differences within the band led to a split.
You may also want to watch:
Lead guitarist John Lees now tours with former original keyboard man Woolly Wolstenholme as John Lees' Barclay James Harvest.
Meanwhile, bass man Les Holroyd is on the road as Barclay James Harvest Featuring Les Holroyd, which included original drummer Mel Pritchard, until his death in 2004.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Holroyd brings his band to Cambridge Corn Exchange on March 16 at 7.30pm.
It comprises seasoned musicians, including lead guitarist Mike Byron-Hehir, formerly of Sad Café.
Although they are expected to play some old BJH favourites, they will bring their sound up to date with more recent Holroyd songs.
Tickets are £24.50 and £23.50.
Contact the Corn Exchange box office on 01223 357851.