Get in the mood for Christmas with Royston parish church concert on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Royston Choral Society will be making their contribution to the festive season on the last Saturday before Christmas, with a little help from their friends.
They will be lifting up their voices in the town’s St John the Baptist parish church in Melbourn Street with a Christmas Celebration that will also feature the talents of the Royston Youth Choir and Santa’s HatBand.
Mulled wine and mince pies will be laid on in an evening which will include carols for choirs, audience and orchestra from 7.30pm.
The programme includes Mendelsshon’s Frohlocket, Smallman’s The Birds, and Bullard’s Angel Alleluiahs as well as familiar carols and seasonal songs.
Tickets are £12 (concessions £9, school students £1) and are available from choir members and at the door.
For further information about the concert and the choir call 07876 444701 or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk.
And after you’ve sung along, why not resolve to come along in the new year to the society’s free open rehearsal session which will run from 8pm on Tuesday, January 20, at the same venue.
- 1 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
The society’s director of music David Boarder said: “You won’t be asked to sing on your own, and men are especially welcome.”