Get in the mood for Christmas with Royston parish church concert on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Royston Choral Society will be making their contribution to the festive season on the last Saturday before Christmas, with a little help from their friends.
They will be lifting up their voices in the town’s St John the Baptist parish church in Melbourn Street with a Christmas Celebration that will also feature the talents of the Royston Youth Choir and Santa’s HatBand.
Mulled wine and mince pies will be laid on in an evening which will include carols for choirs, audience and orchestra from 7.30pm.
The programme includes Mendelsshon’s Frohlocket, Smallman’s The Birds, and Bullard’s Angel Alleluiahs as well as familiar carols and seasonal songs.
Tickets are £12 (concessions £9, school students £1) and are available from choir members and at the door.
For further information about the concert and the choir call 07876 444701 or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk.
And after you’ve sung along, why not resolve to come along in the new year to the society’s free open rehearsal session which will run from 8pm on Tuesday, January 20, at the same venue.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 10 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
The society’s director of music David Boarder said: “You won’t be asked to sing on your own, and men are especially welcome.”