Get in the mood for Christmas with Royston parish church concert on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Royston Choral Society will be making their contribution to the festive season on the last Saturday before Christmas, with a little help from their friends.
They will be lifting up their voices in the town’s St John the Baptist parish church in Melbourn Street with a Christmas Celebration that will also feature the talents of the Royston Youth Choir and Santa’s HatBand.
Mulled wine and mince pies will be laid on in an evening which will include carols for choirs, audience and orchestra from 7.30pm.
The programme includes Mendelsshon’s Frohlocket, Smallman’s The Birds, and Bullard’s Angel Alleluiahs as well as familiar carols and seasonal songs.
Tickets are £12 (concessions £9, school students £1) and are available from choir members and at the door.
You may also want to watch:
For further information about the concert and the choir call 07876 444701 or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk.
And after you’ve sung along, why not resolve to come along in the new year to the society’s free open rehearsal session which will run from 8pm on Tuesday, January 20, at the same venue.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The society’s director of music David Boarder said: “You won’t be asked to sing on your own, and men are especially welcome.”