Get in the mood for Christmas with Royston parish church concert on Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Royston Choral Society will be making their contribution to the festive season on the last Saturday before Christmas, with a little help from their friends.
They will be lifting up their voices in the town’s St John the Baptist parish church in Melbourn Street with a Christmas Celebration that will also feature the talents of the Royston Youth Choir and Santa’s HatBand.
Mulled wine and mince pies will be laid on in an evening which will include carols for choirs, audience and orchestra from 7.30pm.
The programme includes Mendelsshon’s Frohlocket, Smallman’s The Birds, and Bullard’s Angel Alleluiahs as well as familiar carols and seasonal songs.
Tickets are £12 (concessions £9, school students £1) and are available from choir members and at the door.
You may also want to watch:
For further information about the concert and the choir call 07876 444701 or visit www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk.
And after you’ve sung along, why not resolve to come along in the new year to the society’s free open rehearsal session which will run from 8pm on Tuesday, January 20, at the same venue.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 10 Former mayor bows out with honorary black belt at Judo club launch
The society’s director of music David Boarder said: “You won’t be asked to sing on your own, and men are especially welcome.”