Folk-us on the stars
THE Gordon Craig Theatre has gathered together an impressive line-up for a celebration of all things folk. Some of the brightest and finest musicians from the best folk bands of the past 30 years have been put together for Legends of Folk Rock – The Gathe
THE Gordon Craig Theatre has gathered together an impressive line-up for a celebration of all things folk.
Some of the brightest and finest musicians from the best folk bands of the past 30 years have been put together for Legends of Folk Rock - The Gathering.
The show features the who's who of key players from groups such as Fairport Convention and Magna Carta.
Jerry Donahue, formerly of Fairport, will be on guitar, Rick Kemp of Steeleye Span on bass/vocals, and Clive Bunker from Jethro Tull will be on the drums.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Ray Jackson will be playing the mandolin and harmonica and Doug Morter will be on guitars and vocals.
Kristina Donahue will complete the line-up as vocalist.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
The combined experience of the group has seen them record or perform with some of the most influential artists to grace stages and record collections across the world.
The Gathering will be on stage on Monday, November 12, at 7.45pm.
Tickets to see this unique selection of folk legends cost £16 and are available from the box office on 08700 131030 or online at www.gordon-craig.co.uk