Folk legend is still on song
LEGENDARY folk singer Joan Baez brings her timeless music to Cambridge Corn Exchange next month. Born in 1941, Baez was a prominent figure on the American folk scene in the early 60s, and alongside Bob Dylan, she was on the cutting edge of the protest mov
LEGENDARY folk singer Joan Baez brings her timeless music to Cambridge Corn Exchange next month.
Born in 1941, Baez was a prominent figure on the American folk scene in the early 60s, and alongside Bob Dylan, she was on the cutting edge of the protest movement.
This year she has been selected to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
There is also the release this month of a collectors' edition of her album Ring Them Bells, an expanded and re-mastered edition.
You may also want to watch:
And Baez also appears on a new album by roots rocker John Mellencamp.
She continues to remain at the forefront of the contemporary music scene, and last year joined Bruce Springsteen and the Seeger Sessions Band onstage at the Sleep Train Pavilion in Concord, California, for a version of Pay Me My Money Down.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
She is said to be a big fan of Springsteen's latest effort, We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions.
Her Corn Exchange appearance is part of a tour which takes her through England, Scotland, and Wales, and on into mainland Europe, visiting Germany, France, Italy, Slovenia, Austria, and the Czech Republic.
- Tickets cost £29.50, from the Corn Exchange box office on 01223 357851.