Folk at the Fairy - a new folk club at Fairycroft Arts Centre in Saffron Walden starts on Saturday, February 2
- Credit: Archant
A new folk club is setting up in Saffron Walden. Folk at the Fairy opens on Saturday, February 2 with a session of Irish Folk and American folk and blues.
A new folk club is setting up in Saffron Walden. Folk at the Fairy opens in the town on Saturday, February 2 with a session of Irish Folk and American folk and blues.
Fairycroft House Arts Centre, already a home for jazz legends, is opening the sessions by hosting Moonshine Coyote a group from the town who play on guitars made of cigar boxes. The body of the instrument is a cigar box though the neck is the full size.
Also on the bill singing Irish traditiional music will be David Kelly and his guest artists.
The idea is that the venue will host established folk artists from the region. The event will be every two months with the following one in April.
You may also want to watch:
Doors 7.30pm. Licensed bar. Tickets £6.50 from Saffron Walden Tourist Information in the Market Square 01799 524002. Fairycroft House is at Audley Road, CB11 3HD. Artists who wish to apply can email: email@example.com.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe