Folk at the Fairy - a new folk club at Fairycroft Arts Centre in Saffron Walden starts on Saturday, February 2
- Credit: Archant
A new folk club is setting up in Saffron Walden. Folk at the Fairy opens on Saturday, February 2 with a session of Irish Folk and American folk and blues.
A new folk club is setting up in Saffron Walden. Folk at the Fairy opens in the town on Saturday, February 2 with a session of Irish Folk and American folk and blues.
Fairycroft House Arts Centre, already a home for jazz legends, is opening the sessions by hosting Moonshine Coyote a group from the town who play on guitars made of cigar boxes. The body of the instrument is a cigar box though the neck is the full size.
Also on the bill singing Irish traditiional music will be David Kelly and his guest artists.
The idea is that the venue will host established folk artists from the region. The event will be every two months with the following one in April.
You may also want to watch:
Doors 7.30pm. Licensed bar. Tickets £6.50 from Saffron Walden Tourist Information in the Market Square 01799 524002. Fairycroft House is at Audley Road, CB11 3HD. Artists who wish to apply can email: email@example.com.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?