Thousands enjoy Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Gerry Weatherhead
Nearly 30,000 people visited this year’s Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford.
Around 29,000 aviation enthusiasts attend the show at the historic Cambridgeshire airfield over the two days.
Spectators on the Saturday were treated to an opening display by the Red Arrows.
The world famous Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team made a spectacular return to Flying Legends.
A firm favourite with the crowds, the Reds' stunning display was the only chance to see their dynamic aerobatics at Duxford this year.
You may also want to watch:
More than a dozen Spitfires took part in the air show, although some people later complained on social media that this year's Flying Legends didn't feature any Hurricanes.
However, visitors on Sunday did get the chance to see the restored de Havilland DH9 biplane in action.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
The Flying Legends show also featured five of the original 'German' aircraft from the war movie Battle of Britain.
The Duxford show also commemorated the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
The next major air display at Imperial War Museum Duxford will be the Battle of Britain Air Show over the weekend of Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22.
Tickets must be booked in advance.
? Visit www.iwm.org.uk/events/duxford-battle-of-britain-air-show-2019 to book tickets.