Thousands enjoy Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford
- Credit: Gerry Weatherhead
Nearly 30,000 people visited this year’s Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford.
Around 29,000 aviation enthusiasts attend the show at the historic Cambridgeshire airfield over the two days.
Spectators on the Saturday were treated to an opening display by the Red Arrows.
The world famous Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team made a spectacular return to Flying Legends.
A firm favourite with the crowds, the Reds' stunning display was the only chance to see their dynamic aerobatics at Duxford this year.
More than a dozen Spitfires took part in the air show, although some people later complained on social media that this year's Flying Legends didn't feature any Hurricanes.
However, visitors on Sunday did get the chance to see the restored de Havilland DH9 biplane in action.
- 1 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
The Flying Legends show also featured five of the original 'German' aircraft from the war movie Battle of Britain.
The Duxford show also commemorated the 75th anniversary of D-Day.
The next major air display at Imperial War Museum Duxford will be the Battle of Britain Air Show over the weekend of Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22.
Tickets must be booked in advance.
? Visit www.iwm.org.uk/events/duxford-battle-of-britain-air-show-2019 to book tickets.