Floats like a butterfly – sings like a dream!
ELLEN Kent and Opera International s new traditionally-staged production, Madama Butterfly, performed by the Chisinau National Opera, is coming to the Cambridge Corn Exchange next month. Madama Butterfly features a host of international soloists, a 40-pie
ELLEN Kent and Opera International's new traditionally-staged production, Madama Butterfly, performed by the Chisinau National Opera, is coming to the Cambridge Corn Exchange next month.
Madama Butterfly features a host of international soloists, a 40-piece orchestra - and a stunning Japanese garden.
The production is based on a true story, and tells of an innocent geisha girl who falls in love with an American sailor.
Puccini's popular tale is the original inspiration for the popular West End musical Miss Saigon.
You may also want to watch:
As Alain Boubil and Claude Schonberg, the authors of the Miss Saigon story, said: "We resolved to write our own story, retaining Butterfly's basic plot of a misunderstanding between two individuals of different cultures."
Highlights from Ellen Kent and Opera International's production of Madama Butterfly include the Humming Chorus, the poignant aria One Fine Day, and the Love Duet.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
The opera is packed with raw emotion and passion, with exciting performances from Irina Vinogradova, Nadia Stoianova and Galina Bernaz as Madama Butterfly, and the international tenor Rusian Zinevych, who performed with Pavarotti in summer 2004. It is sung in Italian with English surtitles.
For tickets call the Box Office on 01223 357851. The performance starts at 7.30pm.