Flat Earth News - Nick Davies
INVESTIGATIVE reporter Nick Davies may well have broken one of the most important rules of journalism by looking at the workings of his colleagues. In these days when the media – especially the national newspapers – has been losing the trust of the public
INVESTIGATIVE reporter Nick Davies may well have broken one of the most important rules of journalism by looking at the workings of his colleagues.
In these days when the media - especially the national newspapers - has been losing the trust of the public then it is probably the right time for the profession to look at itself.
Davies is a skilled and experienced investigative journalist and here he uncovers today's tricks of the trade where, he says, the Press is the victim of the PR industry and the new machinery of international propaganda.
It is a worrying picture and Davies attempts to give a degree of understanding to the stories behind the headlines.
You may also want to watch:
He looks at the pressures on the Press and the changing landscape in presenting the news.
It is, to say the least, interesting.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements