Festive comedy time for Cads
A DRAMA society in Royston will be staging an adaptation of Charles Dickens s A Christmas Carol next weekend – but not as you know it. The Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) will be performing The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen s Guild Dramati
A DRAMA society in Royston will be staging an adaptation of Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol next weekend - but not as you know it.
The Corvus Amateur Drama Society (Cads) will be performing The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of A Christmas Carol on December 1/2 at Greneway School, Royston.
The comedy is a series of plays based around four women from the townswomen's guild.
The women, who all have contrasting personalities, try to stage well-known plays in their own style, but act badly.
You may also want to watch:
Cads usually stages an annual pantomime, but is taking a break this year.
Director Kathy Wholley said: "So many people have been disappointed by the thought of not seeing their Royston pantomime, so we hoped that they would come to see this Christmas comedy instead.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"The play has songs, audience participation, and a bit of slapstick humour. Something for everyone we hope.
"The cast and crew have worked so hard and have produced a hilarious performance. We are really looking forward to entertaining the people of Royston and the villages once again in true Cads style."
Performances will start at 7.30pm with an extra performance at 2.30pm on December 2.
For tickets, which cost £5 each, call the Cads box office on 01763 242906, or pay on the door.