Festival set to celebrate talents across the arts
COMEDIENNE Jude Simpson is set for an appearance at this year s Royston Arts Festival – after a run at the Edinburgh Festival. The comedienne and poet will be part of a cabaret evening at the Nu nightclub on Thursday, September 27. We are excited that sh
COMEDIENNE Jude Simpson is set for an appearance at this year's Royston Arts Festival - after a run at the Edinburgh Festival.
The comedienne and poet will be part of a cabaret evening at the Nu nightclub on Thursday, September 27.
"We are excited that she is taking part," said Kathy Wholley, who has been co-ordinating the festival.
Jude's show, Growing Up Games, is described as exploring the status symbols used to define ourselves as grown-ups.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, organisers are looking for other acts to perform during the cabaret evening.
n Any budding cabaret artists can call Matthew Gypps on 07968 282104.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
The festival will be taking place from Thursday, September 27 to Sunday, September 30.
"There are a range of events which celebrate the talents we have locally," said Kathy.
Thursday, September 27
Royston Area Visual Arts Group: Town trial competition.
Royston library: Writers Nick Warburton and Sarah Harrison question-and-answer session.
Nu Nightclub: Cabaret to include comedienne Jude Simpson.
Friday, September 28
Corvus Amateur Drama Society: One-act plays - Ghost Writer by Nick Warburton and What's for Pudding? by David Tristram.
Nu nightclub: Band night.
Saturday, September 29
Story telling: Little Voices choir for five-10-year-olds. Market Hill Rooms, Royston.
Royston Photographic Society: Have Your Picture Taken. Market Hill Rooms, Royston.
Royston Museum: Coluring In exhibition by Anstey Garrick-Green and Falcon Green.
Royston Museum: Children's arts workshop (morning).
Royston Museum: Printing press demostration (afternoon).
Royston Choral Society: Workshop, Greneway School, Royston (10am-4pm)
Royston Arts Society: Exhibition. Royston Town Hall.
Royston Town Band: Concert, Royston Parish Church.
Nu Nightclub: DJ night.
Sunday, September 30
Royston Town Band: Music in the Park. Priory Memorial Gardens, Royston.
Full details of the Royston Arts Festival will appear in The Crow