Explore the legendary Lancaster at IWM Duxford this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to IWM Duxford will be able to explore an Avro Lancaster, one of the museum’s most iconic large aircraft, throughout the Easter holidays.
Until Monday, April 17, the Lancaster Experience offers visitors the rare opportunity to peer inside the rear section of this legendary Second World War bomber and hear amazing stories about the men who flew and fought in these famous aircraft.
This year marks the centenary of IWM Duxford.
And throughout 2017, visitors can explore Duxford’s history through its iconic objects – large and small – and discover the stories of those who lived, worked and flew from Duxford.
Each day at 11am, a historic interpreter will lead an engaging talk about the development of the Lancaster, the operation of Bomber Command and the different role played by each member of a bomber crew.
Telling the personal stories of members of Bomber Command, the historic interpreter will offer visitors an insight into the dangerous and challenging conditions endured in the Lancaster bomber during wartime missions, including the famous Dambusters Raid.
Due to the Lancaster’s compact interior, a maximum of six people can enter the aircraft at one time.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
To avoid lengthy waiting time, each group will have a maximum of four minutes inside the aircraft.
Due to its popularity, visitors may have to queue to enter the Lancaster.
Easter holiday activities are included in general admission to IWM Duxford.
• Visit the website www.iwm.org.uk for latest information regarding Easter holiday activities.