Explore the legendary Lancaster at IWM Duxford this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to IWM Duxford will be able to explore an Avro Lancaster, one of the museum’s most iconic large aircraft, throughout the Easter holidays.
Until Monday, April 17, the Lancaster Experience offers visitors the rare opportunity to peer inside the rear section of this legendary Second World War bomber and hear amazing stories about the men who flew and fought in these famous aircraft.
This year marks the centenary of IWM Duxford.
And throughout 2017, visitors can explore Duxford’s history through its iconic objects – large and small – and discover the stories of those who lived, worked and flew from Duxford.
Each day at 11am, a historic interpreter will lead an engaging talk about the development of the Lancaster, the operation of Bomber Command and the different role played by each member of a bomber crew.
You may also want to watch:
Telling the personal stories of members of Bomber Command, the historic interpreter will offer visitors an insight into the dangerous and challenging conditions endured in the Lancaster bomber during wartime missions, including the famous Dambusters Raid.
Due to the Lancaster’s compact interior, a maximum of six people can enter the aircraft at one time.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
To avoid lengthy waiting time, each group will have a maximum of four minutes inside the aircraft.
Due to its popularity, visitors may have to queue to enter the Lancaster.
Easter holiday activities are included in general admission to IWM Duxford.
• Visit the website www.iwm.org.uk for latest information regarding Easter holiday activities.