Explore the legendary Lancaster at IWM Duxford this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to IWM Duxford will be able to explore an Avro Lancaster, one of the museum’s most iconic large aircraft, throughout the Easter holidays.
Until Monday, April 17, the Lancaster Experience offers visitors the rare opportunity to peer inside the rear section of this legendary Second World War bomber and hear amazing stories about the men who flew and fought in these famous aircraft.
This year marks the centenary of IWM Duxford.
And throughout 2017, visitors can explore Duxford’s history through its iconic objects – large and small – and discover the stories of those who lived, worked and flew from Duxford.
Each day at 11am, a historic interpreter will lead an engaging talk about the development of the Lancaster, the operation of Bomber Command and the different role played by each member of a bomber crew.
You may also want to watch:
Telling the personal stories of members of Bomber Command, the historic interpreter will offer visitors an insight into the dangerous and challenging conditions endured in the Lancaster bomber during wartime missions, including the famous Dambusters Raid.
Due to the Lancaster’s compact interior, a maximum of six people can enter the aircraft at one time.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
To avoid lengthy waiting time, each group will have a maximum of four minutes inside the aircraft.
Due to its popularity, visitors may have to queue to enter the Lancaster.
Easter holiday activities are included in general admission to IWM Duxford.
• Visit the website www.iwm.org.uk for latest information regarding Easter holiday activities.