Emotions more than a feeling for artist
AN exhibition showcasing the work of a village artist will be taking place in Meldreth from today. This will be the second year that Christina Howard has put on a display of her own work. Christina said: I started painting in 1998, and after that I never
AN exhibition showcasing the work of a village artist will be taking place in Meldreth from today.
This will be the second year that Christina Howard has put on a display of her own work.
Christina said: "I started painting in 1998, and after that I never stopped.
"The paintings give me a peaceful, wonderful feeling, and I hope I can encourage many people to come and take a look, especially mums like me who are looking after young children."
You may also want to watch:
The abstract paintings on show are based on the idea of feelings and emotions, and Christina believes that people's spiritual side can be connected through art.
Christina, who studied naturopathy with a distinguished doctor in Malaga, has worked in Africa with children who have Aids.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
She hopes to set up an activities programme at which people will be able to take part in painting and textiles as well as working with nature and aromatic oils to create a relaxing atmosphere.
The exhibition can be found at 21 Whitecroft Road, Meldreth and will take place Monday to Friday from 10am-3pm in May and June and at weekends only in July.