Jousting called off at Knebworth House for safety reasons
- Credit: Rob Ryder Knebworth Park Photography
The wet weather has forced organisers to cancel today’s Easter Monday jousting planned for Knebworth House.
Due to the weather, it is not safe for the jousting to take place on Monday, April 2.
There were originally two displays planned, at 12.30pm and 2.30pm.
A statement posted on Knebworth House’s Facebook page this morning read: “Monday 2nd April – Due to the weather and ground conditions, it is with regret that it is not safe for the Medieval Jousting to take place today.
“There will still be an opportunity to meet the Medieval Knights and horses and children can have sword fighting instruction from the Knights.
“We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause.”
Jousting it due to take place again at the Hertfordshire stately home on Father’s Day in June.
- 1 Could you give these pets a home?
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 6 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 7 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 10 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
The Knebworth House Facebook post added: “There will be Jousting at Knebworth again on Sunday 17th June 2018.”
• For more on Knebworth House, Park and Gardens, visit www.knebworthhouse.com