Dizzee will have you in a spin
FIX up, look sharp, because one of the UK s hottest hip-hop talents is returning to Cambridge for his summer showcase tour. Dizzee Rascal will be appearing at The Junction tonight (Thursday) for one of the summer s most eagerly-awaited gigs with another
FIX up, look sharp, because one of the UK's hottest hip-hop talents is returning to Cambridge for his summer showcase tour.
Dizzee Rascal will be appearing at The Junction tonight (Thursday) for one of the summer's most eagerly-awaited gigs with another explosive live show, full of razor-sharp wit, intoxicating lyrics and rasping beats.
On the back of his latest album, Maths and English, the 22-year-old rapper will be performing a variety of tracks from the past, including his breakthrough hit I Luv U, Fix Up Look Sharp, and his current single Sirens.
Having a wide palette of influences, his largely self-composed music is a blend of garage Mcing, conventional rap, grime, and ragga, with extremely eclectic samples and exotic styles thrown in.
After a tough upbringing, social commentary and his life observations can be found in most of the tracks, and despite the often serious content of his music, humour plays a major role.
After winning the prestigious Mercury Music Prize in 2003 for the best album - Boy In Da Corner - and winning an Innovation Award in NME in 2004 for his second album Showtime, 2007 looks set to be another big year for the talented rapper.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
Joined by artists from his Dirtee Stank record label, including the Newham Generals, and DJs Semtex and Tubby, the Dirtee Stankin tour promises to be a summer smash.
With his distinctive, thought-provoking lyrics, and piercing delivery, Dizzee is back to his best as one of urban music's leading lights.
- The Dizzee Rascal Presents Dirtee Stankin is at 7pm tonight at the Junction. Tickets cost £12, for more information phone the box office on 01223 511511.