Come to the circus!
The circus is in town – but this is one show with a very modern edge. Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week. The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50
The circus is in town - but this is one show with a very modern edge.
Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week.
The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50 world champion acrobats and performers from more than 15 countries, including China, Russia, and Monte Carlo.
The show will excite audiences with breathtaking juggling and high-wire acrobatic acts.
These include a group of contorted gymnasts holding candles on their feet.
Artists in spectacularly bright and beautiful costumes will be joined by performing poodles - one of the most popular acts brought back from last year's show.
- 1 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
The stunning acts will showcase their energetic performance to the backing of music from the most popular classical composers, but with a modern twist.
Marketing manager Neil Jones said: "The show promises to be a complete visual spectacle that people will remember for years to come.
"Le Grand Cirque is a circus-style show taking the scale and spectacular thrill of a huge West End production, and mixing it with some of the most talented high-wire artists, jugglers, and acrobats the world has to offer."
The show is smaller than, yet equally as magnificent as, the Cirque Du Soleil, but will also give audiences a much closer view of the acrobats' impressive stunts.
Audiences can witness this hybrid circus show that has played to more than 10 million people around the world from June 19-24.
Tickets range from £10-£30.50, and are available by calling the box office on 01223 357851, or by visiting the website www.cornex.co.uk