Come to the circus!
The circus is in town – but this is one show with a very modern edge. Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week. The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50
The circus is in town - but this is one show with a very modern edge.
Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week.
The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50 world champion acrobats and performers from more than 15 countries, including China, Russia, and Monte Carlo.
The show will excite audiences with breathtaking juggling and high-wire acrobatic acts.
You may also want to watch:
These include a group of contorted gymnasts holding candles on their feet.
Artists in spectacularly bright and beautiful costumes will be joined by performing poodles - one of the most popular acts brought back from last year's show.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
The stunning acts will showcase their energetic performance to the backing of music from the most popular classical composers, but with a modern twist.
Marketing manager Neil Jones said: "The show promises to be a complete visual spectacle that people will remember for years to come.
"Le Grand Cirque is a circus-style show taking the scale and spectacular thrill of a huge West End production, and mixing it with some of the most talented high-wire artists, jugglers, and acrobats the world has to offer."
The show is smaller than, yet equally as magnificent as, the Cirque Du Soleil, but will also give audiences a much closer view of the acrobats' impressive stunts.
Audiences can witness this hybrid circus show that has played to more than 10 million people around the world from June 19-24.
Tickets range from £10-£30.50, and are available by calling the box office on 01223 357851, or by visiting the website www.cornex.co.uk