Come to the circus!
The circus is in town – but this is one show with a very modern edge. Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week. The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50
The circus is in town - but this is one show with a very modern edge.
Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week.
The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50 world champion acrobats and performers from more than 15 countries, including China, Russia, and Monte Carlo.
The show will excite audiences with breathtaking juggling and high-wire acrobatic acts.
These include a group of contorted gymnasts holding candles on their feet.
Artists in spectacularly bright and beautiful costumes will be joined by performing poodles - one of the most popular acts brought back from last year's show.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
The stunning acts will showcase their energetic performance to the backing of music from the most popular classical composers, but with a modern twist.
Marketing manager Neil Jones said: "The show promises to be a complete visual spectacle that people will remember for years to come.
"Le Grand Cirque is a circus-style show taking the scale and spectacular thrill of a huge West End production, and mixing it with some of the most talented high-wire artists, jugglers, and acrobats the world has to offer."
The show is smaller than, yet equally as magnificent as, the Cirque Du Soleil, but will also give audiences a much closer view of the acrobats' impressive stunts.
Audiences can witness this hybrid circus show that has played to more than 10 million people around the world from June 19-24.
Tickets range from £10-£30.50, and are available by calling the box office on 01223 357851, or by visiting the website www.cornex.co.uk