Come to the circus!
The circus is in town – but this is one show with a very modern edge. Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week. The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50
The circus is in town - but this is one show with a very modern edge.
Under the direction of executive producer David King, Le Grand Cirque will be visiting the Cambridge Corn Exchange from next week.
The thrilling cirque-style show features more than 50 world champion acrobats and performers from more than 15 countries, including China, Russia, and Monte Carlo.
The show will excite audiences with breathtaking juggling and high-wire acrobatic acts.
You may also want to watch:
These include a group of contorted gymnasts holding candles on their feet.
Artists in spectacularly bright and beautiful costumes will be joined by performing poodles - one of the most popular acts brought back from last year's show.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
The stunning acts will showcase their energetic performance to the backing of music from the most popular classical composers, but with a modern twist.
Marketing manager Neil Jones said: "The show promises to be a complete visual spectacle that people will remember for years to come.
"Le Grand Cirque is a circus-style show taking the scale and spectacular thrill of a huge West End production, and mixing it with some of the most talented high-wire artists, jugglers, and acrobats the world has to offer."
The show is smaller than, yet equally as magnificent as, the Cirque Du Soleil, but will also give audiences a much closer view of the acrobats' impressive stunts.
Audiences can witness this hybrid circus show that has played to more than 10 million people around the world from June 19-24.
Tickets range from £10-£30.50, and are available by calling the box office on 01223 357851, or by visiting the website www.cornex.co.uk