Young and old rockers are preparing to be entertained by a legendary cockney duo at the Cambridge Guildhall next week. Always in demand, Chas and Dave hit the city, bringing with them some classic tracks from their greatest hits album, including Rabbit
Young and old rockers are preparing to be entertained by a legendary cockney duo at the Cambridge Guildhall next week.
Always in demand, Chas and Dave hit the city, bringing with them some classic tracks from their greatest hits album, including Rabbit, Ain't No Pleasing You, Gertcha and Sideboard Song.
The pair kicked off their musical careers back in the 60s before teaming up to record exceptionally witty songs about life in London.
Pianist Chas Hodges and guitarist Dave Peacock released their debut album One Fing 'n' Anuvver in 1975 which was championed by the likes of John Peel.
You may also want to watch:
Rockney was the name of the dynamic duo's second album and two years later, after being spotted by an advertising executive, they were making adverts for beer.
Chas and Dave added theme tunes for TV shows to their repertoire by contributing music to programmes such as Crackerjack and In Sickness And In Health.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Thirty years later, new bands are citing Chas and Dave as a major influence, none more so than The Libertines who asked for the pair to feature on the bill with them at their London shows in 2003/4.
Their no-nonsense, rock 'n' roll style has earned the Londoners a cult following, and thanks to appearances on three separate stages at Glastonbury 2007, their number of young fans just keeps growing.
For a duo that never quite fitted in, Chas and Dave remain remarkably 'cool' - by playing the music they love for more than 30 years.
Chas and Dave will be appearing at the Cambridge Guildhall on January 17 at 7.30pm.
Tickets cost £15 and are available from the box office on 01223 357851.