Circus was just out of this world
Le Grand Cirque at the Cambridge Corn Exchange That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen – one audience member s opinion on the modern-day circus appearing at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. Le Grand Cirque is a magical mix of out-of-this-world acrob
Le Grand Cirque at the Cambridge Corn Exchange
That was the most amazing thing I have ever seen - one audience member's opinion on the modern-day circus appearing at the Cambridge Corn Exchange.
Le Grand Cirque is a magical mix of out-of-this-world acrobats, energetic dancers, and beautiful costumes.
From the first scene the performers had the audience gripped, truly amazed at what they were seeing.
You may also want to watch:
The show was carried along by a host, a man with no voice, dressed in a white top hat and tails.
Without uttering a word the host entertained the crowd between scene changes so well that you forgot what was happening behind the curtain.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
The acrobats, who were predominantly from the Far East, performed some spectacular moves.
One young girl stood out.
Dressed in a striking blue costume, she held a candelabra upright with the base of her foot, twisting and moving from laying down to standing upright.
She then held six of the objects on her feet, hands and head, contorting her body into many unthinkable positions while balancing the candelabras.
A group of young men climbed poles with their bare hands, jumping between the two, and dropping to the bottom, causing a gasp to ripple throughout the audience.
Although the corn exchange was only half full, the show created a wonderful atmosphere, and young and old alike were mesmerised.
The music for the show, carefully selected from some of the world's most popular composers, was given a modern twist and heightened the dramatic performances.
Ten girls on a bike, leaping through 12ft high hoops and balancing upside down on another performer's head were just some of the thrilling scenes to be enjoyed.
Le Grand Cirque is an enchanting show with a professional and exceptionally talented cast that will have all the family enthralled.