Casino Royale - Ian Fleming
(Penguin) IAN Fleming did not probably realise that his secret service hero would be around quite so long. But the agent of sin, sex and sudden death has survived. In Casino Royale – which has been re-published – James Bond is promoted in the ranks to be
IAN Fleming did not probably realise that his secret service hero would be around quite so long.
But the agent of sin, sex and sudden death has survived.
In Casino Royale - which has been re-published - James Bond is promoted in the ranks to become an agent with the 00 licence to kill accreditation.
You may also want to watch:
His job is simply to play baccarat at the exclusive casino in Royales-les-Eaux and disgrace a Russian agent, who will then be retired by his spymasters.
This was Fleming's first Bond novel in which he created a world which in those days was set against the tensions of the Cold War.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
He captured the imagination with the introduction of a suave and ruthless hero.
The rest is history.