Casino Royale - Ian Fleming
(Penguin) IAN Fleming did not probably realise that his secret service hero would be around quite so long. But the agent of sin, sex and sudden death has survived. In Casino Royale – which has been re-published – James Bond is promoted in the ranks to be
IAN Fleming did not probably realise that his secret service hero would be around quite so long.
But the agent of sin, sex and sudden death has survived.
In Casino Royale - which has been re-published - James Bond is promoted in the ranks to become an agent with the 00 licence to kill accreditation.
You may also want to watch:
His job is simply to play baccarat at the exclusive casino in Royales-les-Eaux and disgrace a Russian agent, who will then be retired by his spymasters.
This was Fleming's first Bond novel in which he created a world which in those days was set against the tensions of the Cold War.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
He captured the imagination with the introduction of a suave and ruthless hero.
The rest is history.