Cambridge Rock Festival back for 13th year with bumper line-up
- Credit: Archant
Rock music lovers are set to head over to Horseheath in South Cambs next month for the 13th Cambridge Rock Festival – and you could join them for free thanks to the Crow.
The four-day family-run festival started in 2004 at Huntingdon Racecourse, and was known then as the Rockinbeerfest with Dr Feelgood the first headliner.
The festival, now at Horseheath Lodge, benefits from three fully covered stages to protect punters from potential rain, and two of the stages have an accompanying real-ale bar – though other drinks are available if that’s not to your taste.
The festival opens on August 3 with an AOR stage, headlined by Space Elevator ahead of their forthcoming UK tour, supported by Moritz, Dante Fox and The Room. There will also be a dedicated tribute band stage featuring Too Rex, Aladdinsane, Bootleg Boss and The Lizzy.
Headlining the Rock and Prog stage this year will be AOR band FM, who have many albums and worldwide tours behind them, Eddie & The Hotrods and the legendary Atomic Rooster.
You may also want to watch:
The other main stage features blues-rock, headlined by two regular favourites the Buster James Band and Roadhouse, with Jason Ad The Skagonauts providing something different. They are supported by rising blues stars Ben Poole and Laurence Jones, with Doris Brendel, plus 15 other blues bands.
An acoustic stage will run throughout the event, with notable headliners the Heather Findlay trio, Malcolm Bruce band, Odin Dragonfly and D’Ukes, with the CRF finally able to welcome The Blackheart Orchestra after a serious illness prevented them appearing just hours before their slot last year.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
There will be a range of food and other stalls for a family-friendly fun day out.
A spokesman for the festival said: “The CRF is entirely run by volunteers and every penny goes towards running the festival – corporate commercialism it is not – yet many bands say it is one of the best organised they’ve ever played!”
For full line-up details and tickets for the festival which takes place from August 3 to 6, go to the website www.cambridgerockfestival.co.uk
The Cambridge Rock Festival organisers are offering five pairs of tickets, worth £1,000 in total, covering all four days to Crow readers to win by answering the question: The Cambridge Rock Festival has a strong heritage in showcasing major bands, but who were the first band to headline the festival?
Send your answers to email@example.com. Usual Archant competition rules apply.