Cambridge Corn Exchange plays host to Frank Turner, Martha Reeves and Chas & Dave
- Credit: Archant
Three big name music acts will be gracing the same Cambridge stage this month.
First up at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Tuesday is Frank Turner.
The folk/punk singer-songwriter visit comes on the back of an appearance on the main stage at Sonisphere, held at Knebworth Park in July.
Performing alongside his backing band Sleeping Souls, Frank will be playing songs from his iTunes chart number one album Tape Deck Heart.
Support comes from dance party duo Koo Koo Kanga Roo.
You may also want to watch:
The following night – Wednesday – Martha Reeves and The Vandellas will be performing at the Wheeler Street venue as they embark on their Calling Out Around The World tour.
The gig forms part of a 50th anniversary celebration of the soul and Motown group’s era defining hit Dancing in the Street.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
As well as playing their most famous song, the band will also be showing off their wide-reportoire of hit singles which include Jimmy Mac, Nowhere To Run, and Heatwave.
Rounding things off a week later, September 24, are Chas and Dave.
Following on from last year’s Back By Demand tour, the duo are hitting the road again in the wake of making their first new studio album in 27 years.
That’s What Happens was recorded at Abbey Road Studios and sees Chas and Dave return to their roots with a collection of early R&B, skiffle and rock n’ roll classics alongside new takes on songs of their own.
In their On The Road tour they will be playing music from the album as well as classics such as Gertcha, Rabbit, The Sideboard Song, and Margate.
Doors for all three shows open at 7.30pm.
For more information and tickets, which start from £24.50 including a booking fee, visit www.cornex.co.uk.