Borrowed Time - Roy Hattersley
OVER the years Roy Hattersley has become quite a prolific writer on the history of our island. Obviously, his years in politics and knowledge of the events of the day have shaped his views. Indeed, that was certainly true when his book Fifty Years On
OVER the years Roy Hattersley has become quite a prolific writer on the history of our island.
Obviously, his years in politics and knowledge of the events of the day have shaped his views.
Indeed, that was certainly true when his book Fifty Years On was published several years ago: a book which he described as a prejudice history of Britain since the war.
The ex-Labour Party deputy leader has now turned his attention to that uncertain period between the First World War and the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
Borrowed Time looks at the turmoil of the age.
And being such a political animal, Hattersley takes a new look, too, at the running of the country through the Prime Ministers of the era, Stanley Baldwin and Ramsay MacDonald.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
Hattersley yet again has produced a piece of history which is both illuminating and bold.