Borrowed Time - Roy Hattersley
OVER the years Roy Hattersley has become quite a prolific writer on the history of our island. Obviously, his years in politics and knowledge of the events of the day have shaped his views. Indeed, that was certainly true when his book Fifty Years On
OVER the years Roy Hattersley has become quite a prolific writer on the history of our island.
Obviously, his years in politics and knowledge of the events of the day have shaped his views.
Indeed, that was certainly true when his book Fifty Years On was published several years ago: a book which he described as a prejudice history of Britain since the war.
The ex-Labour Party deputy leader has now turned his attention to that uncertain period between the First World War and the Second World War.
You may also want to watch:
Borrowed Time looks at the turmoil of the age.
And being such a political animal, Hattersley takes a new look, too, at the running of the country through the Prime Ministers of the era, Stanley Baldwin and Ramsay MacDonald.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
Hattersley yet again has produced a piece of history which is both illuminating and bold.