Battle Lines are drawn as Grant launches EP at Shepreth pub party
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge-based singer-songwriter Grant Tuffs will be releasing a debut six-track EP on Friday – and you can get a sneak preview of what’s on offer.
On the eve of Battle Lines hitting the market, he’ll be playing some of the songs at The Plough in Shepreth on Thursday night.
He’ll be at the High Street pub from 8pm with support from Jess Lambert and Rob Eaton.
Grant has been playing live since he was 16 and has a wealth of band, record company and live experience but has now decided to strike out on his own.
The six-track selection balances tender love songs with harder-edged material which showcase his versatility and distinctive style.
Jess is one step ahead when it comes to solo releases – her debut EP came out earlier this year, and her output ranges from slinky folk to belting blues backed up by a confident stage persona built up during extensive live experience since she first got up in front of an audience at the age of 16.
Rob, from Letchworth, is a self-taught guitarist with a background in blues bands who has also recently started performing as a solo artist.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
His set list includes original blues, folk and soul-influenced material as well as some carefully chosen covers.