Battle Lines are drawn as Grant launches EP at Shepreth pub party
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge-based singer-songwriter Grant Tuffs will be releasing a debut six-track EP on Friday – and you can get a sneak preview of what’s on offer.
On the eve of Battle Lines hitting the market, he’ll be playing some of the songs at The Plough in Shepreth on Thursday night.
He’ll be at the High Street pub from 8pm with support from Jess Lambert and Rob Eaton.
Grant has been playing live since he was 16 and has a wealth of band, record company and live experience but has now decided to strike out on his own.
The six-track selection balances tender love songs with harder-edged material which showcase his versatility and distinctive style.
You may also want to watch:
Jess is one step ahead when it comes to solo releases – her debut EP came out earlier this year, and her output ranges from slinky folk to belting blues backed up by a confident stage persona built up during extensive live experience since she first got up in front of an audience at the age of 16.
Rob, from Letchworth, is a self-taught guitarist with a background in blues bands who has also recently started performing as a solo artist.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
His set list includes original blues, folk and soul-influenced material as well as some carefully chosen covers.