Bands set to do battle
An annual band competition is set to return to Cambridge Corn Exchange. And organisers of the Cambridge Band Competition 2008, which is this year run in conjunction with the Cambridge Barfly, are now on the lookout for entries from bands within 30 miles
An annual band competition is set to return to Cambridge Corn Exchange.
And organisers of the Cambridge Band Competition 2008, which is this year run in conjunction with the Cambridge Barfly, are now on the lookout for entries from bands within 30 miles of Cambridge.
The competition has been run in the city for more than 20 years, starting out at the Cambridge Guildhall in 1985 before moving to the Corn Exchange two years later.
However it had made The Junction its home for the past 10 years until now.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Jones, organiser of the competition, said: "We are delighted that the Cambridge Band Competition is returning to the Corn Exchange, and are also pleased to be working with the Barfly as a partner venue for the heats.
"The band competition has an illustrious history in the city and we are looking forward to seeing the current talent that the city has to offer."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
The heats will take place at the Barfly on April 10,17, 24, and May 1, before the grand finale at the Corn Exchange on May 9.
The winning band will receive £500 cash, free recording studio time, a prime headline slot at the Barfly, and a slot on this summer's Big Day Out, plus more.
Application forms are available from the Corn Exchange and the Barfly websites at www.cornex.co.uk and www.barflyclub.com or telephone 01223 457555.
The deadline for entries is 5.30pm on Friday, February 15, and must include a current CD of the band's best two or three tracks, a photo, and a band biography.