Audience role in whodunnit
CADS murder mystery evening was a great success – both the actors and the audience were baffled until the end. Laura Cumberland and Louise Daintrey, who played detectives in the audience, wrote: The society took over Greneway School Hall to stage The Cam
CADS' murder mystery evening was a great success - both the actors and the audience were baffled until the end.
Laura Cumberland and Louise Daintrey, who played detectives in the audience, wrote:
The society took over Greneway School Hall to stage The Camylist House Murder, an original murder mystery play.
"Only this was theatre with a difference - the audience was divided into teams, each trying to discover the identity of the murderer before the rest. Everyone in the hall turned super sleuth, as there were opportunities to interrogate the suspects. Was it the unfaithful wife who stood to inherit a substantial sum? Or perhaps the self-confessed pathological liar with a chip on his shoulder?
You may also want to watch:
Our guide was Mr E Thickens (Mike Eliot), who took us through the events leading up to, and following the murder. We were also given a glimpse into each character's thoughts, with vital clues and red herrings.
It was a very impressive debut from local writer/director Peter Salt which kept us guessing - and arguing among ourselves - right until the end. A really enjoyable and different way to spend the evening.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange