Audience role in whodunnit
CADS murder mystery evening was a great success – both the actors and the audience were baffled until the end. Laura Cumberland and Louise Daintrey, who played detectives in the audience, wrote: The society took over Greneway School Hall to stage The Cam
CADS' murder mystery evening was a great success - both the actors and the audience were baffled until the end.
Laura Cumberland and Louise Daintrey, who played detectives in the audience, wrote:
The society took over Greneway School Hall to stage The Camylist House Murder, an original murder mystery play.
"Only this was theatre with a difference - the audience was divided into teams, each trying to discover the identity of the murderer before the rest. Everyone in the hall turned super sleuth, as there were opportunities to interrogate the suspects. Was it the unfaithful wife who stood to inherit a substantial sum? Or perhaps the self-confessed pathological liar with a chip on his shoulder?
Our guide was Mr E Thickens (Mike Eliot), who took us through the events leading up to, and following the murder. We were also given a glimpse into each character's thoughts, with vital clues and red herrings.
It was a very impressive debut from local writer/director Peter Salt which kept us guessing - and arguing among ourselves - right until the end. A really enjoyable and different way to spend the evening.
- 1 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages