Aspiring to give a West End performance
VICTOR Hugo s Les Miserables will be staged at the Meridian School in Royston next month by aspiring young actors. A cast of 50 students will perform in the school edition of Alain Boubil and Claude-Michel Shonberg s version of the West End s longest runn
VICTOR Hugo's Les Miserables will be staged at the Meridian School in Royston next month by aspiring young actors.
A cast of 50 students will perform in the school edition of Alain Boubil and Claude-Michel Shonberg's version of the West End's longest running musical.
Students have been rehearsing since July with a further 50 students who have taken on the roles of musicians, lighting operators and stage hands.
Lauren Phillips, head of drama said: "It's a very polished production bringing together students from all parts of the school.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been a challenge but I'm sure audiences will be impressed."
The production will run from November 9-11.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Tickets are available from the school priced at £4 and £6.
- Les Miserables opened at the Barbican Theatre, London, on October 8, 1985.
- The production has played more than 38,000 professional performances worldwide, giving a total audience figure of more than 51 million.
- It has been translated into 21 different languages.
- Les Mis has won more than 50 major theatre awards.
- The song One Day More was used in Bill Clinton's 1992 US Presidential campaign.
- The production has been seen in 223 cities.