Aspiring to give a West End performance
VICTOR Hugo s Les Miserables will be staged at the Meridian School in Royston next month by aspiring young actors. A cast of 50 students will perform in the school edition of Alain Boubil and Claude-Michel Shonberg s version of the West End s longest runn
VICTOR Hugo's Les Miserables will be staged at the Meridian School in Royston next month by aspiring young actors.
A cast of 50 students will perform in the school edition of Alain Boubil and Claude-Michel Shonberg's version of the West End's longest running musical.
Students have been rehearsing since July with a further 50 students who have taken on the roles of musicians, lighting operators and stage hands.
Lauren Phillips, head of drama said: "It's a very polished production bringing together students from all parts of the school.
"It's been a challenge but I'm sure audiences will be impressed."
The production will run from November 9-11.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Tickets are available from the school priced at £4 and £6.
- Les Miserables opened at the Barbican Theatre, London, on October 8, 1985.
- The production has played more than 38,000 professional performances worldwide, giving a total audience figure of more than 51 million.
- It has been translated into 21 different languages.
- Les Mis has won more than 50 major theatre awards.
- The song One Day More was used in Bill Clinton's 1992 US Presidential campaign.
- The production has been seen in 223 cities.