Ashwell Show to host camel racing, dog show and more
- Credit: Archant
The Ashwell Show returns on bank holiday Monday – and will host camel racing for the first time in its 99-year history.
Organisers say it promises to be a "thrilling spectacle", with the camels and their jockeys dressed in fantastically colourful Arabian-style outfits - and a chance to meet the camels between races too.
Other hooved events include the horse show, while the dog show, birds of prey demonstration, hounds display, vintage cars, tractors, craft tent and demonstrations all make a return.
For families there's free face painting, free children's craft tent, children's entertainer, climbing wall, archaeological dig, pony rides and a Red Arrows simulator.
When it comes to food, there will be cakes served up by the Ashwell WI, fresh food choices with global cuisine, plus a prosecco bar and beer tent.
You may also want to watch:
Gates open in the village at 8.30am and close at 5pm.
Entry is £9 for adults, £5 for concessions and under 18s, while under fives go free. Parking is free, with advance tickets available at a 20 per cent discount from ashwellshow.co.uk.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The Ashwell Show is run by volunteers and, over the last 10 years, the show has raised more than £100,000 for local clubs, societies and organisations.