Ashwell Show to host camel racing, dog show and more
- Credit: Archant
The Ashwell Show returns on bank holiday Monday – and will host camel racing for the first time in its 99-year history.
Organisers say it promises to be a "thrilling spectacle", with the camels and their jockeys dressed in fantastically colourful Arabian-style outfits - and a chance to meet the camels between races too.
Other hooved events include the horse show, while the dog show, birds of prey demonstration, hounds display, vintage cars, tractors, craft tent and demonstrations all make a return.
For families there's free face painting, free children's craft tent, children's entertainer, climbing wall, archaeological dig, pony rides and a Red Arrows simulator.
When it comes to food, there will be cakes served up by the Ashwell WI, fresh food choices with global cuisine, plus a prosecco bar and beer tent.
Gates open in the village at 8.30am and close at 5pm.
Entry is £9 for adults, £5 for concessions and under 18s, while under fives go free. Parking is free, with advance tickets available at a 20 per cent discount from ashwellshow.co.uk.
- 1 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 2 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 3 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 4 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 9 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
The Ashwell Show is run by volunteers and, over the last 10 years, the show has raised more than £100,000 for local clubs, societies and organisations.