Ashwell at Christmas: Crowds turn out to enjoy village festivities
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
Ashwell at Christmas took place in the village at the weekend, featuring a fair at St Mary’s Church and the Winter Wonderland experience for families.
Winter Wonderland saw the United Reformed Church host Santa and one of his elves in his grotto - and there were loads of games and crafts to occupy the younger crowd both before meeting the man himself.
The Christmas Fair saw St Mary's Church transformed into a festive market for stallholders selling their own creations and unique items that make wonderful gifts for the holidays.
Stallholders sold their artwork, clothes, cushions, woodwork, cards, a huge variety of edible treats and more.
Live carol singing throughout the event created a truly festive mood and the mulled wine stall meant there was a Christmassy scent in the air.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Fair is run by the church to raise funds for the church itself and the church's restoration fund.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm