Ashwell at Christmas: Crowds turn out to enjoy village festivities
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
Ashwell at Christmas took place in the village at the weekend, featuring a fair at St Mary’s Church and the Winter Wonderland experience for families.
Winter Wonderland saw the United Reformed Church host Santa and one of his elves in his grotto - and there were loads of games and crafts to occupy the younger crowd both before meeting the man himself.
The Christmas Fair saw St Mary's Church transformed into a festive market for stallholders selling their own creations and unique items that make wonderful gifts for the holidays.
Stallholders sold their artwork, clothes, cushions, woodwork, cards, a huge variety of edible treats and more.
Live carol singing throughout the event created a truly festive mood and the mulled wine stall meant there was a Christmassy scent in the air.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Fair is run by the church to raise funds for the church itself and the church's restoration fund.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash