Ashwell at Christmas: Crowds turn out to enjoy village festivities
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
Ashwell at Christmas took place in the village at the weekend, featuring a fair at St Mary’s Church and the Winter Wonderland experience for families.
Winter Wonderland saw the United Reformed Church host Santa and one of his elves in his grotto - and there were loads of games and crafts to occupy the younger crowd both before meeting the man himself.
The Christmas Fair saw St Mary's Church transformed into a festive market for stallholders selling their own creations and unique items that make wonderful gifts for the holidays.
Stallholders sold their artwork, clothes, cushions, woodwork, cards, a huge variety of edible treats and more.
Live carol singing throughout the event created a truly festive mood and the mulled wine stall meant there was a Christmassy scent in the air.
You may also want to watch:
The Christmas Fair is run by the church to raise funds for the church itself and the church's restoration fund.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s