Ashwell at Christmas: Crowds turn out to enjoy village festivities
- Credit: Picture: KEVIN RICHARDS
Ashwell at Christmas took place in the village at the weekend, featuring a fair at St Mary’s Church and the Winter Wonderland experience for families.
Winter Wonderland saw the United Reformed Church host Santa and one of his elves in his grotto - and there were loads of games and crafts to occupy the younger crowd both before meeting the man himself.
The Christmas Fair saw St Mary's Church transformed into a festive market for stallholders selling their own creations and unique items that make wonderful gifts for the holidays.
Stallholders sold their artwork, clothes, cushions, woodwork, cards, a huge variety of edible treats and more.
Live carol singing throughout the event created a truly festive mood and the mulled wine stall meant there was a Christmassy scent in the air.
The Christmas Fair is run by the church to raise funds for the church itself and the church's restoration fund.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'