Artists to showcase work in Foxton school fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A Foxton art exhibition to raise funds for the village primary school is to take place at the weekend.
Many artists are to showcase their work at the school in Hardman Road, where there will be a variety of medias including ceramics, wood, glass, textiles, oils, pastels, watercolour, ink, photography and jewellery.
They include artist Janet Gammans, who told the Crow: “Exhibiting at Foxton is a great opportunity for us artists to show our work locally – which many of us don’t get the chance to do.
“This is the case for me especially, since much of my work is sold at London venues throughout the year or online via websites. It also gives me the opportunity to personally meet other artists and to talk to interested viewers of art, first-hand.
“South Cambridgeshire has a lot to offer creatively and much of it can be seen at this exceptional exhibition.”
You may also want to watch:
Artist and printmaker Anna Pye said: “I always enjoy taking part in the Foxton exhibition, it is very well organised and it’s lovely to have a quality exhibition nearby. I’m looking forward to another successful event.”
All proceeds from the event support Foxton Primary School – including the development of their visual and performing arts.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Foxton Primary School headteacher Carole Davies said: “The annual Foxton Art Exhibition has been running since the 1990s, and continues to go from strength to strength each year.
“Organised by the Friends of Foxton School, it is a major fundraiser for the school – and last year we were thrilled to raise more than £3,000.
“The money raised is a valuable contribution to the opportunities that we can provide for the children including those supporting the development of artistic skills. It helps to provide the children with artistic materials, facilities and activities.
“We are delighted to have the work of so many talented local artists on display and it is fantastic for the children to be able to enjoy and be inspired by such high quality art on their doorstep.”
There will be a preview evening for artists and residents of Foxton from 7.30pm to 9pm next Friday, November 17 – admission is free.
On Saturday and Sunday, November 18 to 19, it’s open to the general public from 11am to 4pm. Admission is £2 for adults and children go free.