A Night of Dirty Dancing comes to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A stage show billed as the “sexiest song and dance sensation of 2014” comes to Cambridge this weekend, paying tribute to a cult film.
A Night of Dirty Dancing will be performed at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Saturday as part of a nationwide tour.
The show features all the hits from 80s dance movie Dirty Dancing, including She’s Like the Wind, Big Girls Don’t Cry, Hey Baby, Wipeout, Do You Love Me, Be My Baby, Hungry Eyes and the Oscar-winning (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.
Fans of the film – the first to sell one million videos – are invited to take a trip back to the summer of ‘63, to relive Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey’s sizzling performance in the ultimate coming of age romance.
Ahead of the Cambridge show, producer Michael Taylor said: “The whole world loves Dirty Dancing – it’s truly iconic entertainment. So be prepared for a night of dirty dancing with the brand-new sensational, inspirational, ‘aspirational’ box office smash of the year.
You may also want to watch:
“Celebrated film Dirty Dancing boasted the greatest movie soundtrack of all time. All these hits are superbly performed in this fast-moving, slickly-choreographed theatrical treat. Our sensational production brings all the hits to life, lavishly, live on stage.
“Essentially it’s an all-new production featuring an all-star cast and is the next exciting chapter in the amazing musical legacy that is Dirty Dancing.”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
A Night of Dirty Dancing visits the venue in Wheeler Street from 7.30pm this Saturday, March 29.
Tickets for the show cost £22.50 with £1 off senior citizens, students and under 16s, excluding booking fee.
A group offer where if you buy 10 tickets you get the 11th free is also available.
To book call the box office on 01223 357851 or visit www.cornex.co.uk