A Night of Dirty Dancing comes to Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
A stage show billed as the “sexiest song and dance sensation of 2014” comes to Cambridge this weekend, paying tribute to a cult film.
A Night of Dirty Dancing will be performed at the Cambridge Corn Exchange on Saturday as part of a nationwide tour.
The show features all the hits from 80s dance movie Dirty Dancing, including She’s Like the Wind, Big Girls Don’t Cry, Hey Baby, Wipeout, Do You Love Me, Be My Baby, Hungry Eyes and the Oscar-winning (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life.
Fans of the film – the first to sell one million videos – are invited to take a trip back to the summer of ‘63, to relive Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey’s sizzling performance in the ultimate coming of age romance.
Ahead of the Cambridge show, producer Michael Taylor said: “The whole world loves Dirty Dancing – it’s truly iconic entertainment. So be prepared for a night of dirty dancing with the brand-new sensational, inspirational, ‘aspirational’ box office smash of the year.
You may also want to watch:
“Celebrated film Dirty Dancing boasted the greatest movie soundtrack of all time. All these hits are superbly performed in this fast-moving, slickly-choreographed theatrical treat. Our sensational production brings all the hits to life, lavishly, live on stage.
“Essentially it’s an all-new production featuring an all-star cast and is the next exciting chapter in the amazing musical legacy that is Dirty Dancing.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
A Night of Dirty Dancing visits the venue in Wheeler Street from 7.30pm this Saturday, March 29.
Tickets for the show cost £22.50 with £1 off senior citizens, students and under 16s, excluding booking fee.
A group offer where if you buy 10 tickets you get the 11th free is also available.
To book call the box office on 01223 357851 or visit www.cornex.co.uk