Youth rugby round-up
Youth rugby round-up
Royston U14s 90
Kilburn Cosmos 0
Royston U14s enjoyed a 14-try romp against a spirited but inexperienced Cosmos side on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Spearheaded by front rowers Jacob Boyce, Cameron Bonfield and James Reeder, Royston produced strong, controlled passing rugby with Steve Graham, Callum Waring, Tyler Boyne and Aiden Greenwood to the fore. Royston were 45-0 up at half-time.
Prompted by scrum-half Dominic Dunklin, Royston scored tries from set pieces and free flowing passing movements. Rhys Redrup and Harry Towler scored hat-tricks with James Shannon bagging two. James Meacham, Eddie Twyman, Max Ayliffe all scored a try apiece with Ben Ireland, Jospeh Gilhooly and James Kirby claiming their first tries of the season, while Ben Ireland kicked 10 conversions.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Royston U11s secured two convincing wins against Haverhill on Sunday.
Tom Donellan scored an early try for Royston in the first match before George Adam scored two of his own along with a single from Harry Cahill. Euan Rees converted all the kicks.
Donellan scored twice more to get his hat-trick before Haverhill finally got on the scoresheet. Freddy Raymen scored a late try with Euan Rees kicking for his seventh conversion of the match in a 49-7 win.
The second matched proved even better with a 56-0 victory. Patrick Tyrell scored the first try along with further scores from Donellan, Rees and Tyrell. Another good second half performance saw more tries from Henry Jones, Cahill, Adam and Sean Roberts. Euan Rees again kicked all eight of his conversions.
Royston U8s recorded two draws and a win in their three matches against Haverhill at the Heath with Archie Lievesley taking over the captaincy in the absence of Jamie Smith.The stand out performance was that of Player of the Week Owain Fleming although Oliver Brunt and Matthew DePetrillo also displayed considerable flair in the offload. Royston under 8s are training this week on the Heath and new players are always welcomed to the side.
The U7s also played well as they overcame Haverhill in their matches. Key runs from Max Gage and Edwin Sherlock and tries from Alex Moss and Aurelien Turlais helped the side gain the upper hand but the Man of the Match went to Luke Saltmarsh.