Youth cricket - No holding Boars
THE culmination of eight weeks cricket training by the pupils of Barley, Barkway, Reed and Therfield Primary Schools was the annual Kwik Cricket Tournament. It was staged by Cokenach CC, who had provided coaching for the youngsters. Each school fielded
THE culmination of eight weeks' cricket training by the pupils of Barley, Barkway, Reed and Therfield Primary Schools was the annual Kwik Cricket Tournament. It was staged by Cokenach CC, who had provided coaching for the youngsters.
Each school fielded two teams of eight, playing two matches each. There was plenty of cheering and excitement as fours and sixes raced to the boundaries.
In the first round of matches Therfield Wickets beat Team Barley by 16 runs, while Therfield Wild Boars scored a big 48-run win over Barley Bombers.
In the reverse fixtures there was no holding the Wild Boars from Therfield as they ran up a 38-run victory over Team Barley, while Barley Bombers chalked up a win over The Wickets by the same margin. Reed Rhinos recorded a narrow eight-run win over Barkway Bulldogs and Reed Rebels squeaked home by just five runs over Barkway Blazers.
You may also want to watch:
The Bulldogs overcame The Rebels by 21 runs and The Rhinos notched up a second win by beating The Blazers by 19.
Teams were awarded 10 points for a win, four for a defeat, and bonus points for runs scored and wickets taken.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
The final table saw Therfield Wild Boars narrowly push Reed Rhinos into second place.