Youth cricket - Fortunes on the up for Royston
DESPITE starting with only eight players, Royston seconds overpowered a young Sawston side to record their second victory in two weeks. The win lifted Royston off the bottom of the Cambridgeshire Cricket Association s Junior League Division 3. The patter
DESPITE starting with only eight players, Royston seconds overpowered a young Sawston side to record their second victory in two weeks.
The win lifted Royston off the bottom of the Cambridgeshire Cricket Association's Junior League Division 3.
The pattern was set early on with 15-year-old Mark Harper's opening spell of 5-1-8-1 and Ben Watson's 5-2-7-0 restricting Sawston to less than two runs per over.
Paul Harris (10-1-26-3) and Craig Jackson (7-0-18-3) then cashed in as Sawston struggled. The visitors finished on 93 all out - a score that never troubled the Royston batsmen.
You may also want to watch:
Despite Sawston taking an early wicket, Royston captain Dave Isherwood (36) and John Bason (26) who added 52 for the second wicket, quickly took the game away from Sawston's grasp.
Ben Warren then smashed 20 off just 15 balls to kill the game for Royston, with Sawston's young quartet of Norrie, Champress, A Bradford unable to make a breakthrough.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?