Youth cricket - Fortunes on the up for Royston
DESPITE starting with only eight players, Royston seconds overpowered a young Sawston side to record their second victory in two weeks. The win lifted Royston off the bottom of the Cambridgeshire Cricket Association s Junior League Division 3. The patter
DESPITE starting with only eight players, Royston seconds overpowered a young Sawston side to record their second victory in two weeks.
The win lifted Royston off the bottom of the Cambridgeshire Cricket Association's Junior League Division 3.
The pattern was set early on with 15-year-old Mark Harper's opening spell of 5-1-8-1 and Ben Watson's 5-2-7-0 restricting Sawston to less than two runs per over.
Paul Harris (10-1-26-3) and Craig Jackson (7-0-18-3) then cashed in as Sawston struggled. The visitors finished on 93 all out - a score that never troubled the Royston batsmen.
You may also want to watch:
Despite Sawston taking an early wicket, Royston captain Dave Isherwood (36) and John Bason (26) who added 52 for the second wicket, quickly took the game away from Sawston's grasp.
Ben Warren then smashed 20 off just 15 balls to kill the game for Royston, with Sawston's young quartet of Norrie, Champress, A Bradford unable to make a breakthrough.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches