Youth Basketball: Greneway win 87-49
Greneway Year eight 87 Marriotts Year eight 49 A SUPERB performance saw Greneway s year eight basketball team triumph over Marriotts Sports College as they began the defence of their premier league title. The champions put in such a convincing perfor
Greneway Year 8 87 Marriotts Year 8 49
A SUPERB performance saw Greneway's year eight basketball team triumph over Marriotts Sports College as they began the defence of their premier league title.
The champions put in such a convincing performance that the result will be seen as a warning shot to all of the other teams in the competition.
In the first quarter Greneway's full-court pressing helped them race in front to a 38-7 point lead, but they then began to take their collective foot off the pedal and allowed the visitors back into the game.
Both teams scored some good team baskets in the second period but Greneway were still in control and were benefiting from some impressive individual performances including Beth Cooper on her debut.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
There was little between the teams in the third quarter, but the fourth saw a return to the all-court pressing by Greneway which had sapped their opponents at the beginning of the match and they eventually ran out 87-49 victors.