Youngsters’ win double
THE winning streak continued for Royston under-nines with two victories over Old Albanians on Sunday - including one 30-0 victory. In the first of their two games, Royston faced a very determined Albanians side and needed their wingers James Sharp and W
THE winning streak continued for Royston under-nines with two victories over Old Albanians on Sunday - including one 30-0 victory.
In the first of their two games, Royston faced a very determined Albanians side and needed their wingers James Sharp and William Tyrell to dive over for points.
And with the score at 20-15 in Royston's favour, Charlie Pearson put the game beyond doubt with a well-worked try in the final minute.
The Crows' second game started in spectacular fashion, with Edward Shannon scoring after just 22 seconds.
From then on Royston were in complete control, with their lead increasing when Zach Holson played in Tyrell for a try moments later.
With another try shortly before the break, Royston went into the second half with a 15-point lead, and continued their fine form with Pearson and Holson causing havoc in the rucks and mauls.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 4 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 5 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Three more tries followed, with Tyrell and Sharp doing the damage over the Albanian line and completing a comfortable victory.