Youngsters shine in tournament
ROYSTON under sevens were rewarded with a well-earned runners-up place at the North Herts tournament. Royston s youngsters beat Hitchin, Stevenage and host club Letchworth but were pipped by a strong Datchworth side in the final. A squad of 18 played the
ROYSTON under sevens were rewarded with a well-earned runners-up place at the North Herts tournament.
Royston's youngsters beat Hitchin, Stevenage and host club Letchworth but were pipped by a strong Datchworth side in the final.
A squad of 18 played their part in an encouraging start to the season, supported by family and friends.
It was the squad's first competitive games and the players rose to the occasion to follow in the footsteps of previous Royston teams in the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Having bravely faced this first major hurdle of the new season with such energy and enthusiasm the club is now looking forward to the fun and hard work of future training and fixtures throughout the season.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended