Youngsters point the way to a bright future
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club continues to go from strength-to-strength with a number of members gaining extra tabs on their belts. Coach Geoff Klein has seen many of the club s youngsters progress and is impressed by their ability. He said: When asked to dem
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club continues to go from strength-to-strength with a number of members gaining extra tabs on their belts.
Coach Geoff Klein has seen many of the club's youngsters' progress and is impressed by their ability.
He said: "When asked to demonstrate certain throws and holds they have shown that they have retained knowledge of their training, and appeared to have understood how the techniques work."
Four youngsters have been promoted by more than one grade, with Harry Etheridge, Jack Bunton, David Coleman, and Michael Brandon receiving particular praise.
You may also want to watch:
"Youngsters moving up by more than one grade encourages the other students, as it shows that if they apply themselves more, they too could possibly achieve these sort of results," said Klein.
"They are showing a lot of promise. We also have one or two students who are almost ready to start training for the Junior Coach Award, which involves various aspects, including leadership, first aid, and instruction to younger members of the club."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- The club will be holding its annual awards on Wednesday, December 5.
It will also be looking for more members in the new year, and for information regarding membership contact Geoff Klein on 01763 247592.