Youngsters point the way to a bright future
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club continues to go from strength-to-strength with a number of members gaining extra tabs on their belts. Coach Geoff Klein has seen many of the club s youngsters progress and is impressed by their ability. He said: When asked to dem
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club continues to go from strength-to-strength with a number of members gaining extra tabs on their belts.
Coach Geoff Klein has seen many of the club's youngsters' progress and is impressed by their ability.
He said: "When asked to demonstrate certain throws and holds they have shown that they have retained knowledge of their training, and appeared to have understood how the techniques work."
Four youngsters have been promoted by more than one grade, with Harry Etheridge, Jack Bunton, David Coleman, and Michael Brandon receiving particular praise.
You may also want to watch:
"Youngsters moving up by more than one grade encourages the other students, as it shows that if they apply themselves more, they too could possibly achieve these sort of results," said Klein.
"They are showing a lot of promise. We also have one or two students who are almost ready to start training for the Junior Coach Award, which involves various aspects, including leadership, first aid, and instruction to younger members of the club."
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- The club will be holding its annual awards on Wednesday, December 5.
It will also be looking for more members in the new year, and for information regarding membership contact Geoff Klein on 01763 247592.