Youngsters point the way to a bright future
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club continues to go from strength-to-strength with a number of members gaining extra tabs on their belts. Coach Geoff Klein has seen many of the club s youngsters progress and is impressed by their ability. He said: When asked to dem
BASSINGBOURN Judo Club continues to go from strength-to-strength with a number of members gaining extra tabs on their belts.
Coach Geoff Klein has seen many of the club's youngsters' progress and is impressed by their ability.
He said: "When asked to demonstrate certain throws and holds they have shown that they have retained knowledge of their training, and appeared to have understood how the techniques work."
Four youngsters have been promoted by more than one grade, with Harry Etheridge, Jack Bunton, David Coleman, and Michael Brandon receiving particular praise.
"Youngsters moving up by more than one grade encourages the other students, as it shows that if they apply themselves more, they too could possibly achieve these sort of results," said Klein.
"They are showing a lot of promise. We also have one or two students who are almost ready to start training for the Junior Coach Award, which involves various aspects, including leadership, first aid, and instruction to younger members of the club."
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 6 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 7 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 10 Judoka Emma Reid from Royston wins Birmingham 2022 gold
- The club will be holding its annual awards on Wednesday, December 5.
It will also be looking for more members in the new year, and for information regarding membership contact Geoff Klein on 01763 247592.