Youngsters on the run to success
FIVE members of the Royston Runners junior section – the Royston Crows – had a successful time at the Wheathampstead 10km and Fun Run on Sunday. In the 2km fun run, Dustin Hone produced a superb sprint in the final 150 metres to pull away from his rivals
FIVE members of the Royston Runners junior section - the Royston Crows - had a successful time at the Wheathampstead 10km and Fun Run on Sunday.
In the 2km fun run, Dustin Hone produced a superb sprint in the final 150 metres to pull away from his rivals to finish in a very creditable second place.
In the girls' race, Emma Caulder and Rebecca O'Sullivan fought hard against each other to finish joint second on the line.
The Cooper twins, Matthew and Thomas, also had excellent runs to finish in the top 15, with more than 250 runners in the boys' race.
You may also want to watch:
- In the 10km trial race, Toby Hone finished 18th, six places higher than last year, in a time of 41 minutes 32 seconds.
Club coach Wendy Jones returned to racing after a long break, and completed the course in 42 mins 14 seconds to finish in second place in the ladies final.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- The Royston Crows will be taking part in the Eastern Young Athletics League on Sunday, June 17 and the Aston five-mile and fun run on Sunday, July 1.
For further information on the Royston Crows, contact Chris Maxwell on 07917334762 or Wendy Jones on 01223 208816.