Youngsters impress for Royston II
Royston II 116 all out beat Newton 98 all out by 18 runs Royston II fielded eight players under 19 years old for this important league game and they had a real fight against Newton. Batting appeared to be really difficult three weeks after their last le
Royston II 116 all out beat Newton 98 all out by 18 runs
Royston II fielded eight players under 19 years old for this important league game and they had a real fight against Newton.
Batting appeared to be really difficult three weeks after their last league match as they struggled to make headway on a blameless pitch.
Paul Leary showed remarkable patience as he batted for most of the innings for his 16 as wickets tumbled at the other end.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Harper (17) was the only other batsman to achieve double figures, though brother Bonham held out for an important nine not out seeing out the overs and ensuring a score of over 100 was achieved as Royston finally scraped their way to 116.
The Royston team faired much better when fielding as Nick Hootton (9-2-24-3) and Neil Addison (6-0-16-1) had Newton in trouble right from the start.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
Swindell (13) and Esterhuizen (12) fought back but the introduction of Dave Isherwood proved decisive as he bowled Swindell and had top scorer Aspinall (30) caught behind by Rory Harper as, despite having three catches dropped at first slip, he managed to return 10-4-18-3.
C Keyworth (19) tried to battle through but wily spinner Max McClean cleaned him up as Newton finally finished on 98 all out.