Youngsters impress for Royston II
Royston II 116 all out beat Newton 98 all out by 18 runs Royston II fielded eight players under 19 years old for this important league game and they had a real fight against Newton. Batting appeared to be really difficult three weeks after their last le
Royston II 116 all out beat Newton 98 all out by 18 runs
Royston II fielded eight players under 19 years old for this important league game and they had a real fight against Newton.
Batting appeared to be really difficult three weeks after their last league match as they struggled to make headway on a blameless pitch.
Paul Leary showed remarkable patience as he batted for most of the innings for his 16 as wickets tumbled at the other end.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Harper (17) was the only other batsman to achieve double figures, though brother Bonham held out for an important nine not out seeing out the overs and ensuring a score of over 100 was achieved as Royston finally scraped their way to 116.
The Royston team faired much better when fielding as Nick Hootton (9-2-24-3) and Neil Addison (6-0-16-1) had Newton in trouble right from the start.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
Swindell (13) and Esterhuizen (12) fought back but the introduction of Dave Isherwood proved decisive as he bowled Swindell and had top scorer Aspinall (30) caught behind by Rory Harper as, despite having three catches dropped at first slip, he managed to return 10-4-18-3.
C Keyworth (19) tried to battle through but wily spinner Max McClean cleaned him up as Newton finally finished on 98 all out.