Youngsters’ chance of top coaching
YOUNG footballers from in and around Royston are being invited to try out for the Cambridge United youth development trials. The club is on the look out for players for their new development centre that will run from early next year in Baldock. Successf
YOUNG footballers from in and around Royston are being invited to try out for the Cambridge United youth development trials.
The club is on the look out for players for their new development centre that will run from early next year in Baldock.
Successful candidates will be offered places at the centre, where they will be involved in weekly training sessions, tournaments and elite matches.
Players will still be allowed to play for their mini league teams. They may also be given the opportunity to have further trials at the club's centre of excellence.
You may also want to watch:
Over recent years, Cambridge United has unearthed a number of talented youngsters, including current players Michael Morrison and Robbie Willmott.
Former products of the youth teams include Everton goalkeeper John Ruddy, Coventry forward Robbie Simpson, and former Manchester United forward Sylvain Ebanks-Blake.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
Football development officer Tom Pell said: "We are trying to spread our net as far from Cambridge as possible so that the best players within an hour of Cambridge are with us and benefiting from our system.
"Last season we saw 13 players from our development centres sign for our centre of excellence - and we want to see more.
"There are a lot of benefits in being involved with the development centre, including the quality of coaching that is available.
"They will get the chance to play with the best players in the area and even play against pro clubs in our elite matches!"
- The trial takes place on Monday at Knights Templar Sports Centre, Weston Way, Baldock from 5.30-6.30pm and is open to youngsters in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Trialists will need moulded boots or trainers, shin pads, and suitable clothing and refreshments.
There are limited spaces available, so contact Tom Pell on 01223 729204 or at email@example.com